Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Roses & Ribbons, Such a Lovely Combination

Hello everyone, so sorry it's been so long since my last post. This has been a very busy and hectic month and it's not over yet.I didn't want you to think I jumped ship so I am for now just adding a small posting to let you know I'm still alive and painting.

The above photo is one of the finished pieces from one of many tattered treasure that I was so lucky to find. I'm really quit happy with the way this lovely chair turned out. What a difference a day and a little paint can make. The photo below is the way I found her, so cold and grungy all alone in a corner at the goodwill store just begging me to take her home and give her a makeover.

Again, I'm so sorry my post is so short but I really need to get through this month first and I'll be back full force again. Hoping you all have been able to find some tattered treasures of your own that you'll be able to give your own special touch to and enjoy for a long time to come. If not, keep searching for I'm sure you'll find something calling your name. In the mean time as always "Happy Hunting"

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I wanted to welcome you to my blog. I see that you have me added to your list and came to visit your site. I am putting you on My Favorite Blogs List and was wondering if you could do the same for me on your site. I like to keep up with and connect and share with people of the same interests and creativity.
Until We Blog Again!
Rita

Sheila said...

Hello Sandra, glad to see you post again,I love your bird cage and the chair. I have been a little slacker myself lately.. Hope to see more great things from you soon. Sheila

just a little bit shabby said...

Sandi,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your chair went from ugh to ahh!
It looks great.
Sandyt

Sheila said...

Sandi thanks for the comment you left on my blog.. The fall weather is setting in here in Arkansas and leaves are beautiful right now, i realy need to take some pictures and put them on my blog.. I will try to do that when the sun shines again.. I pray that things will turn around economy wise and we can all feel better with less stress. Keep in touch and go over and check out my new post on my blog.. I had a smile from ear to ear when i opend my email this moring. big huggggggggs sheila

Sheila said...

Sandi, hello thank you for your kind comment.. I know what you mean about hard times, and not splurging.. I have realy had to stop the thrift store shopping and flea market finds myself.. I am just going to enjoy looking at the wonderful blogs and sites i love to look at and drool over. I can say one thing though, gas prices have gone down alot here in arkansas and that helps alot. Any way have a great weekend and live, laugh, and love.. Sheila

Anonymous said...

Very very NICE! More than nice. You have breathed new life into that chair!

Anonymous said...

i adore this chair and the cherub,woowowow...ann